Monday, October 25, 2010

POL-ITE 2010

Gosh...POL-ITE this year was nerve-wrecking, scary and exciting...

Saturday is the ranking round. Double 30 meters round of 122cm tgt face in 1st round then 80cm tgt face the 2nd round. My shooting on saturday was horrible and pathetic. Performed far worse than my training average. My ranking position position is 9th position and top 16 position would qualify me to the individual knock-out event....

Sunday is the team-elimination and individual elimation. Team elimination in the morning was terrible for me. I managed to shoot properly. But my team mates took longer to jump back and we lost to the opponent team in the 1st round and was knocked out....sad sad...lol

Then in the noon was individual elimination.

1st I faced with rank 8th of the ranking, from singapore poly. This time, i shot much better and scored a set point of 4-0 (4 points required to win) leading me to victory in 1/16 elimination

next, i met the 1st in ranking from Ngee Ann poly...horror of horrors...This was the most nerve-wrecking individual elimation I have ever shot in all of my competitions so far...he won the 1st set letting him lead 2-0. I managed to jump back and won him in next set 2-2. Then i won in another set bringing my score to 2-4. Next, we had a draw in a set bringing our scores to 3-5. In the final set, i managed to win bringing my score to 3-7 (6 required to win for 1/8 and above)

This brings me into the semi-finals. I met another Ngee Ann poly archer there...He is also very good and he won me a straight set of 6-0. Thus I was thrown back to the bronze medal match. In the bronze medal match, I met another Singapore Poly archer and I won him a score of 6-0. Thus winning the bronze medal in individual knock-out

I want to thank God above all for bringing me through this competition. All glory is to Him. By myself i would have been unable to make it. But through His help I was able to win a medal for the school...Thank God for everything.

Oh ya, School has already started this week but I do not need to go school today because there is no lesson today for the 1st week...yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment